Jacob A. Resneck
+1 707 874-8704 (sms/voice)
• Award winning journalist with community, regional and international experience.
• Skilled in breaking news, investigative and enterprise and long-form reporting features for print, radio and wire services.
• Traveled widely; worked in more than eight countries, traveled in more than twenty.
Writing International News, September 2005
Reuters Foundation (Beirut, Lebanon)
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, June 2002
University of Leeds (Leeds, England)
Associate of Arts, December 1998
Santa Rosa Junior College (Santa Rosa, California)
• August 2018 – Present; Regional News Director, CoastAlaska, Juneau, Alaska
• January 2017 – August 2018; Reporter, KTOO, Juneau, Alaska
• May 2011 – June 2011; Acting News Director, KUCB, Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska
• September 2010 – May 2011; Reporter/Host, KMXT, Kodiak, Alaska
• May 2010 – August 2010 (seasonal); Fisheries Reporter, KDLG, Dillingham, Alaska
• June 2007 – Febuary 2009; Reporter/Host, WNBZ, Saranac Lake, N.Y.
• December 2007 – February 2009; Correspondent, North Country Public Radio, Canton, N.Y.
• January 2008 – February 2009; Contributing Writer, Press-Republican, Plattsburgh, N.Y.
• January 2006 – June 2007; News Reporter, Adirondack Daily Enterprise, Saranac Lake, N.Y.
• May 2004 – June 2005; Reporter, Point Reyes Light, Point Reyes Station, Calif.
• Nov. 2003 – May 2004; News Reporter, St. Helena Star, The Weekly Calistogan, St. Helena, Calif.
• 2008 Selected as one of 10 journalism fellows by the University of Rhode Island’s Metcalf Institute for Marine and Environmental Reporting to participate in a week-long lecture series and dialogue with the scientific community about improving communications with the press.
• 2006 Selected as one of two fellows this year by the International Center for Journalists for a professional exchange between Austrian and American media outlets. Spent six weeks placed with the Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper in Salzburg and Vienna.
• 2005 One of six American journalists by Reuters Foundation to participate in a seminar with six of our Middle Eastern counterparts at the American University in Beirut, Lebanon. Seminar focused on examining different perspectives and methods journalists from other countries approach and report on the Middle East.